Photo Credit: sibtainn via Compfight cc
Today I want to ask you a question. It is a question that must be given the most serious consideration. Are you ready? Hear it is.
“If you were the only Jesus someone were to ever encounter, what would they think of Him?”
Would He Be…
- An angry, bitter type Jesus who goes around scornfully judging others?
A stuffed shirt, holier-than-thou type Jesus who is completely caught up with rules and regulations?
A high-minded theologian type Jesus who communicates in words no one else can understand?
- A scaredy-cat type Jesus who runs for the hills every time His faith is challenged?
- A free-spirited, anything goes type Jesus who has no standards of any kind?
Or Would He Be…
More like the Jesus we find in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John?
- The Jesus who spends large amounts of time raising up the afflicted and releasing the oppressed (Matthew 4:23 – 24).
- The Jesus who will touch the untouchable (Mark 1:40 – 42).
- The Jesus who forgives sinners (Luke 7:36 – 50).
- The Jesus who eats with the outcasts (Mark 2:13 – 17).
- The Jesus who says it like it is (John 8:23 – 24).
- The Jesus who seeks to serve rather than be served (Matthew 20:25 – 28).
The Truth Is…
We are the only Jesus most people will ever encounter. What they think of us, as His followers, is largely what they will think of Him. That’s a sobering thought. Living in the Reign is the only way to present the type of Jesus others will ever want to follow.